Advance Steel demonstrated what an invaluable tool it is. Advance Steel doesn’t just make 3D modeling of large structures easier, it affects and can help all departments throughout the company.
3D CAD Manager and R&D
Pleasant Mount Welding
• Pleasant Mount Welding’s first large design build using Autodesk® Advance Steel and 3D software
• Provided approximately 1.7 million pounds of steel for the project
• Pleasant Mount Welding were able to provide purchasing with KSS files and lists for pre-purchasing materials and hardware.
• Considering the size of the project, there were only very minor field issues throughout the entire project.
• Using the BIM capabilities of Advance Steel, the client was able to provide the GC with models to aid masonry design
• Instant lists to Purchasing and Estimating departments resulted in quick accurate change orders
• Clash checking helped catch items that may have been missed and other