The project consisted of the construction of a storage building to store semi-oval 55″ diameter pipes until their shipment to oil platforms of the coast of Newfoundland, Canada.
“Using any other design software, this structure would have been impossible. Advance Design America software enabled us to determine the orientation and column system to operate and therefore finalise the design. GRAITEC ADA and Autodesk Advance Steel enabled the success of this project in terms of engineering and detailing” – Michael Vance, Chief Design Engineer. Steelway Building Systems
- Stringent requirements for storage and access of pipes
- The considerable weight of the pipes and corresponding seismic load made it impossible to use traditional conical frames.
- A horizontal grid system was required to meet the criteria.
- Advance Design America enabled feasibility of the project by Steelway engineering department.
- Able to evaluate the cost of design and fabrication of the structure using ADA.
- The design, consisting of 3 hybrid plates and a rigid frame mesh was performed for the first time by Steelway.
- Compatible with Autodesk ® Advance Steel ensured time savings and error reduction without re-modeling
- Significant reduction in the quantities of steel used due to incorporated Canadian codes
- Easy modeling of structure