· The initial structural concept of the project was changed into a more rigid and monolithic structure for the exhibition galleries which are supporting a timber roof through hinged supports instead of fixed ones
· Interactivity management of the different structural parts especially mixing the concretesteel- timber design
· A 3D accurate model was created with Advance Design in order to calculate the structural distribution of loads and internal forces.
· Advance Design allowed us to take the construction steps in the structural analysis and design into account.
· Increase in productivity and drawing quality
· Improved project collaboration
“The Centre Pompidou-Metz has been an important challenge in terms of structural analysis for our engineer’s staff which called upon all their skills. Today, this project is one of the most exceptional references for our Design office alongside others such as the Grenoble Stadium located in a seismic area, the Strasbourg Hospital (108m long building without any dilatation joint), etc.”
Mr Thierry HUMMEL,
CTE Design Office