The total surface or paint area of plates can be displayed in BOM lists. The surface value will take into account any contour feature, chamfer or fillet which is present on the plate.
Step 1: Set the correct calculation method.
1. Open Management Tools.
2. Select the "Use filter" option, and enter "area" in the filter field.
3. From the "Structured BOM/NC" category select the "Calculation rule for the area" default and change it to "with inner contours". With this setting the value will be the exact one, as all the others settings are approximations.
4. Click the "Load settings in Advance" button.
5. Close Management Tools.
Step 2: Create a model and extract the BOM list.
1. In a drawing create a 1sq meter or feet plate. Copy the plate a couple of times and on the copied plates place features (rectangular, circle, polygonal contours, chamfers or fillets).
2. "Number" the model and create an "Extract" from it.
3. In the "BOM Template Editor" select from the User TemplateListsPart Lists category the "Plate list" template. Click the "Use" button and create the BOM list.
The "Surface of piece" field content must use the "Global Paint" or "Paint" token.
The surface column will display the exact total surface of each plate (every side is taken into account, even the 4 sides of the plate that represent the thickness).