Open Advance Steel.
In Advance Steel the user section is defined as follows:
- From the "User Section" menu select the "Frame" command to define the "Hype_Frame" layer as the current layer. On this layer a rectangular frame is created and the section is drawn inside this rectangle.
- The outer contour of the user section is created on the "Hype_OuterSection" current layer. The outer contour describes the standard shape of the section.
- If the user section is a hollow section type then define the inner contour on the "Hype_InnerSection" current layer. The inner contour described on this layer will define the standard shape.
- If the exact outer contour is different from the standard shape then define it on the "Hype_ExactOuterSection" current layer.
-If the exact shape of the inner contour for the hollow section type is other than the standard shape then define it on the "Hype_ExactInnerSection" current layer.
- To find the profile it is necessary to define the section class name on the "Hype_TypeName" layer.
- Define the section name on the "Hype_SectionName" layer.
- To define the coordinate system that represents the local axis select the outer contour.
- For example, to position the reference axis in the left - top, select the command, and when the "Snap on the outer contour at the point to insert a reference axis" message appears, press < ENTER > for placing with the help of the snap points. If you do not press < ENTER > the point where the reference axis will be inserted will be positioned where the point is selected on the outer contour.
Verify that all contours and the section properties inside the frame are created on the "Hype_Frame" layer.
To save the section, use the "Generate selected section" command or when there are several sections, use the "Generate all sections" command.
The following message confirms that the section was successful created.
To draw the new user section, choose a profile from the menu, then in the properties window, in the "Other section" category choose the user section class. Select the section from this class.
Open Advance Design.
In addition to standard sections from Advance Steel, user sections can also be imported and used in Advance Design.
In Advance Design, from the Edit menu, select Used cross sections. In the properties window, click the Add button for adding a section. In the Advance Steel category, search for the "GRAITECSECTION" user section and from the table choose the section that appears in the preview. Next, the section can be imported.
Draw a profile from the menu and in the properties window choose the user section.