The Material quantities manager can be opened and used from the Pilot by right clicking on Project and selecting the Material quantities manager option.
To see how this option can be used, we will use an example of 2 columns and 1 beam.
These 3 elements will be reinforced and 3 reinforcement drawings will be created.
- Next open the material quantities manager.
- To create a bar list go to "View" -> "Project" -> "Drawing1" -> "Drawings" -> "Reinforcement drawings" and select the drawing for which you want to create the list. You can create a list for all the drawings or you can create a list for individual drawings. Next, click Update and the list for steel bars will be updated.
- With Material Manager you can create lists for steel bars, bar supports, fabrics and concrete.
- To export the list, you must go in "Export BOM"; the export can be done in 3 ways.
- The first option, "List of drawing", exports a regular list.
- The second option, "Excel sheet", exports the list in Excel.
- And the last option, "Export Document", exports the list in a Word document called "Bill of material".